Eligibility Criteria For Scholarship
Establishment- Definition and Registration
- As defined under section 2 (f) of Workers Welfare Fund Ordinance and Section 2 (b) of companies Profit (Workers Participation) Act, 1968
- Public Sector Organization which are contributing through transfer of leftover amount under clause (a) of paragraph 4 (d) of companies Profit (Workers Participation) Act, 1968 Paying contribution under section 2 (f) of Workers Welfare Fund Ordinance, 1971 or otherwise?
- Establishment must be registered under Factories Act, 1934/Mines Act, 1923/shops and Establishment Ordinance, 1969
- As defined under Workers Welfare Fund Ordinance, 1971 and must be registered with EOBI of Social Security Institution
Worker- Definition Registration and Service Limit
- As defined under the definition of "Worker" given In IRA 2011
- Registered with Social Security or EOBI Schemes
- Having at least 03 (three) Years Cumulative service
- Must be in service at the time of submission of application form. However. Children of deceased Worker are eligible to apply Scholarship subject to the condition that the widow / Legal heirs of the deceased Worker concerned have obtained death grant from Workers Welfare Fund
Student –Definition and Registration
- Real child of Worker
- Regularly enrolled / to be enrolled on merit for study according to the following categories
Categories And Rate of Scholarship
In addition to all expenses of the students, vis-a-vis admission fee, tuition fee, transport charges, hostel /messing charges, registration fee, examination fee, library fee, Lab fee, computer fee (except charity funds and refundable or non- refundable securities), a fix scholarship according to the following categories will be paid.
|Category-II||Graduation Degree (of two/four year’s duration) from a Public or Private University of College/ Institution affiliated with them, duly recognized by HEC||Rs.2500/-per month|
Other Terms and ConditionsFurther terms & conditions for the award of scholarships to the children of the Workers failing under Cat-II & III are:-
- Prior clearance of National Testing Service (NTS) examination, if compulsory under the HEC regulations or any other preliminary test, for getting admission.
- Students will take admission only in HEC approved courses.
- Student will take/ study all subjects in semester offered by Public/ Private College / University etc. as the case may be, and, complete its course within the approved minimum time frame by the HEC, for the said course. In case, a student fails to complete his course within the approved time frame of the HEC, his case can be reviewed on the basis of solid reasons submitted by the student duly verified by the Public/ Private College/ University etc. as the case may be, and supported with the documentary evidence.
- The student once registered in a course will not be allowed to change the selected discipline.
- Only one number Post-graduation Level course will be financed by the Workers Welfare Fund, Islamabad.
- In principle, the applicability of the scholarship scheme is up to the level of Post-Graduation. However, award of scholarship beyond Post-Graduation level courses will be considered on case to case basis and will be allowed only with the prior approval of the Chairman, Secretary (WWF), as the case may be.